How to raise a concern
Did you know that there’s a process in place to help you reach the right person at your child's school or the HRCE office if you have a concern?
Here are the steps:
- All concerns should first be shared with your child’s teacher.
- If your concern is not resolved, you should then contact the school principal.
- If your concern remains unresolved, you can reach out to HRCE’s Parent Navigators who can provide information about a wide range of supports and resources or connect you with the school supervisor.
- If your matter continues to be unresolved, you can then initiate a formal review process, outlined in the Parent/Guardian Concern Policy, in which the matter will be investigated by the appropriate HRCE Directors. To begin, complete the Parent Concern Reporting Form on page 3 of the Policy.
- The final step is for your concern to be reviewed by the Regional Executive Director.